What a year it has been! I have to admit that putting together this little (or not-so-little) best of 2016 year end post has become one of my favorite traditions. It really gives me a chance to look back and reflect on how far I’ve come not only as a photographer, but as a business owner and person in general. This year definitely did not disappoint! I was faced with a challenging busy schedule during the summer months, over 40 days of snowboarding in the winter, a massive amount of traveling in the fall, and of course the anticipation of our little one arriving! I can only imagine what type of new experiences and challenges 2017 will bring.
And here are my top 10 favorite memories from 2016:
1. Riding the line “Brain Damage” on the Silver King at Crystal Mountain. Definitely one of the scarier and most exhilarating trips I’ve taken down the slopes!
2. Visiting my family in Arizona in March and getting to spend a day in Sedona hiking and wine tasting with my sister.
3. Celebrating David’s 30th birthday in Whistler with a massive group of friends during the World Ski and Snowboard Festival in April.
4. Finding out I was pregnant with a little boy! (Also scary but oh-so exciting!)
5. Heading back to the national baton twirling championships at Notre Dame in July and earning my NBTA Judging License.
6. Having a couple of weekends off in August to spend backpacking with David and our friends. Slowly getting that hiking bucket list checked off!
7. My crazy month of traveling in September – Wisconsin, Boise, Virginia, and 2 weeks in Jackson Hole. While all trips were for weddings, I got to visit my cousins who I seldom see in Chicago, my aunt and uncle in Boise, and also celebrate our 1st anniversary and see our best friends in Jackson.
8. Watching the Washington Huskies go 12-1 and clinch the PAC-12 Championship! With days away until the College Football Playoffs, maybe they will be headed to the National Championship??
9. Hearing about my sister-in-law getting engaged! I just love weddings (obviously) and can’t wait to share this special time in her life with her.
10. Finally, one of the greatest moments of our lives – On December 26 at 1:56 am we welcomed our baby boy, Banks Jackson Duffy into the world. We are so in love with this little bundle of joy. More on his story in a future post!
Also, I just want to say THANK YOU! Thank you to each and every one of my clients for making this year a huge success. Thank you for putting your trust in me to capture the special moments in your lives. I’m so fortunate to get to meet so many incredible people who can support this amazing career that I’ve chosen. You all have touched my heart in one way or another and I’m truly lucky to know you.
I hope you enjoy this compilation of some of my favorite moments from this year. May your new year be filled with happiness, health, and a whole lot of adventure!