Going into this year I had no idea of what the next twelve months would bring. Bookings seemed a little slow, I was still navigating how to deal with being a business owner AND a mother, and we were making plans to purchase our first home. With a slow start, the highs and lows of 2018 began to unfold. While there were a few bumps along the road (house hunting in the Seattle market was AWFUL), I ended up closing 2018 with my best year in business yet, a new home, and a new stamp in my passport.
Top 10 of 2018:
1. Purchasing our first home was a major hurdle that had been on our minds for a while. We ended up with the cutest little townhome in West Seattle and have been loving our new neighborhood!
2. Traveling to France. So much to say about this one that it deserves it’s own post (still a work in progress) but we spent 10 days both exploring Paris and snowboarding in the French Alps. And we took our toddler along! It was incredible.
3. Booking 15 weddings for the following year. This has actually never happened to before, but I’m nearly fully booked for 2019 and the year hasn’t even ended. I really spent a lot of the year focusing on my brand, and showcasing images that would attract the types of couples I want to work with. I can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store.
4. Snowboard trip to Jackson Hole. In February, we returned to our previous home town and rode hard for several days. It was amazing to reconnect with friends and show Banks why that place is just so special. We are returning in February 2019 for another round!
5. Putting Banks on skis. He wasn’t even 2 yet, but we geared him up and got him sliding on snow. Hopefully this is the beginning of a long love of the sport for the little guy!
6. Reconnecting with family in Florida. In June, we took a trip to visit my grandma in Florida. We got to spend lots of time on the beach with my cousins, playing in the warm water of the gulf, and visit some of our favorite haunts that I used to frequent as a kid while on vacation.
7. Surfing! While backpacking hasn’t been quite as convenient with a toddler, our rare summer weekends free are now spent on the Washington coast. I can’t say that I really got good, but my skills have improved, my fears subsiding a bit, and we now own our own surfboards. Also, Banks LOVES the beach!
8. David’s birthday at Crystal Mountain. We always make a point to do a spring ski trip for his birthday, and this year was spent at our home mountain. Nearly 20 awesome friends showed up and we even got to spend it without the kiddo. As much as I love him, it was pretty awesome to spend the night dancing away the end of the season at the Snorting Elk. This trip is always a highlight for me!!
9. Visiting family in LA. My brother and sister-in-law recently purchased a home in LA. It was awesome getting to spend a week with them cooking together, hanging out, and visiting the beach.
10. Celebrating Banks’s birthday, in our new home! We had a small gathering of family and they all got to sit around the beautiful dining table that David built.
Thank you to each and every person who supported us in 2018. I know a year is just a year, but so much happens in that short amount of time. None of this would be possible without our supportive family, amazing clients, and super rad friends. THANK YOU AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!